Greene King Brewery

While you are here, a nice activity is the Greene King Brewery in Bury St Edmunds, which has been making ale since since 1700. They are one of the main brewing companies in the country and run over 2,500 pubs in the UK.

It is a nice 2 hour tour that takes you through the history of brewing in Bury St Edmunds, how ale made and the best part, tasting the ale.

Jon and I really enjoyed it and planned a day out in Bury St Edmunds around it.  Jon's favourite ale is Ruddles County which is made here.I really enjoyed tasting all the ales and learning about them even though I am not a beer drinker. We have been on many beer tours in the States but I think this was my favourite.

Please see the Greene King Brewery website for dates and times of the tour.

All the Best!

American to Britain