Coniston- Lake District

My in-laws love going to the Lake District and I finally went for myself. For those of you that may have heard of it, it is a hilly area (can't really sound mountainous- I am from Colorado) North West of Birmingham. It was beautiful!

Its a great place to take a week and get away from the rush of daily life. If you like being outdoors, there are many walks that you can do and hills to climb to get your fix if you are from a mountainous place like me.

I have to admit it did rain 5 out of 7 days but it wasn't miserable. I am told it was also the time of year we went and it is near the coast and that is why it is so green! We were still able to get out and about with my dog, Dusty, who loved the puddles!

We stayed in a cottage, called The Old Post Office, which is managed by Coppermines. It was a very beautiful, cozy cottage right in the centre of town.

We climbed the Old Man when it looked like a beautiful day, I even wore shorts! It is called because it looks like an old man when views from across the lake Coniston Water.

We also took a walk from Coniston to Hawkshead, had lunch at a pub and took a bus back. Even Dusty was able to ride the bus!

Another day we went for a ferry ride around Coniston Water, but were unable to go to Brantwood house because the docks were flooded. Dusty really enjoyed this and because he is a 'real' dog, he rode for free!

There are also a few cute villages in the area, that you can go visit for the day such as Wyndermere and Ambleside.

For those of you who don't know, I didn't, this is the area where Beatrix Potter wrote her famous tales about Peter Rabbit and his friends.

If you are looking to stay in a small town for a week and go out into nature, the Lake District is the right place for you! It is a great getaway for families for dogs!

Check out more pictures here. 

All the Best!

American to Britain