- Houses began to change as per regulations and were built in stone or brick due to the Great Fire in London.
- The stories were the same height (they used to be different to highlight the important rooms).
- Houses from this period were often influenced by the Dutch which featured red-brick buildings with white cornice (the moulding that goes around the house).
- The roofs were hipped which is where they are all sloped towards the wall.
- Sash windows became available, where you could slide the bottom part up or down
- Decorations above the front door were more lavish and framing the dormer window.
American to Britain