- Standard house was ‘two up and two down’ which means two rooms upstairs and two downstairs with kitchen and bathroom to the back of the house.
- Terraced houses had the doors in pairs instead of in the middle of the house or on the same side of the house as seen before.
- Round headed windows were more common.
- Ridge decorations on roofs were popular.
- Towers on houses were in fashion.
- Full height bay windows were common in the late Victorian and were often square.
- Halls were lavishly decorated.
- Bedrooms started to have sinks in them.
American to Britain