Freecycle

I like to give my cupboards a good sorting through a couple of times per year. I think the older I get or the longer I am over here, I realise I don’t need all this stuff I accumulated over my life and time in the military or I don’t have the space to store it all.

Since I separated from the military and life being more expensive here in England, I try to be more frugal and cautious with my money. I am also have been inspired by “The Story of Stuff”. Would you buy that item if you knew in six months time it will be in the landfill?

Sometimes things happen for a reason such as this recession, we are all living beyond our means. I personally think that the consumerism culture in America has driven us to put us into debt and many families can’t get out. The stories of how crazy people were getting over the Black Friday is just an example of where we have lost control and most people will be putting Christmas on credit cards and not pay it off by the next Christmas.

Don't throw anything away you don't want anymore, either turn it into cash or pass it onto someone who can use it. Also if you are looking for something, these are great places to start!

These are a few great ways to do this:
This is our world and we need to take care of it.

All the Best!

American to Britain