Arcelor Mittal Orbit

I tried to get tickets to go up this when Jane and I and Jon and I attended the Paralympics in 2012 but it was so popular.

So when I saw that I could use my Tesco Clubcard points to go up it, I thought why not?

The ArcelMittal Orbit is the tallest UK sculpture. It is located at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park which is right next to the Stratford Westfield shopping Mall. I am not quite so sure why people like Stratford so much when they think that UK prices are horrible but it does have a lot of restaurants there but I digress.

It was designed by Anish Kapoor specifically for the Olympics in 2012. You go up the elevator and can either walk down the 455 steps.

As you can see the day that we went it was a bit cloudy but we were able to see many buildings that line the River Thames such as the Gherkin, Walkie Talkie, St Paul's and more.

It would be fabulous on a sunny day. I would not personally travel all the way out to Stratford just for this attraction, but if you are in the area, it is worth a visit. There are quirky mirrors that the children will love. The stadium that the track and field took place in at the Olympics is currently being converted to become West Ham's (football) stadium.  I think it was something we had to do since we had been at the Paralympic Games.


You can use your Tesco Clubcard points for admission or if you travel to London by train, you can get 2 for 1 admission.

All the Best!

American to Britain

Comments