Monty Python

If you watch any British comedies, you will notice a distinct difference between British and American humour. It took me a while to catch on. Which leads to a funny story because when I went to the Sex in the City movie with a mixture of my American and British friends. I laughed when the Americans did (loudly of course!) and I also laughed when the British did (so I was laughing all the time!).

Anyway, Monty Python was a comedy group that had a show on the BBC called Monty Python's Flying Circus. This lead to shows, movies books and musicals. You may have heard of the following movies:
  • Spamalot
  • And Now for Something Completely Different
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • Monty Python's Life of Brian
  • Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl
  • Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
They were a new trend of comedy and did not follow any rules. They liked to play tricks on the viewers by playing closing credits in the middle of  the movie. It is said that they had an influence on Saturday Night Live.

I suggest you rent a few, if you don't like it or understand it at least finish it. It took me a while to get into a few of the British shows like Black Adder and Little Britain but in the end I loved them.

To find out more about Monty Python, visit here.

All the Best!

American to Britain