Misfits

Recently I caught up on the Misfits series on Netflix. I remember when I first started watching it. My husband used to go to pub quiz on Thursdays and he would come home and all I could talk about how great this show was. He was not sure he would like it because it was based on young delinquents in London. Once he started watching it, he was hooked.

The storyline is that there are five delinquents who have been sentenced to community service. There was a huge storm and it gave nearly everyone a super power. I think it was whoever was outside when the lightning struck. This quite clever because any new person that comes in show can almost have any power such as going into the past, bringing people back from the dead (but you have to kill them as they become zombies of course!), hearing what people think, seeing through walls, etc.

I think that this is a great example of British tv. This show is a dark comedy. It has a lot of violence, sex and shocking vulgar language ( and I worked on the flightline so hard to shock me) but it is fantastically written. It is not intelligent humor like most of the shows have but it is not slapstick either. Every show keeps you wanting more. Despite some of the characters being violent, you like them because they crack you up.

I would say it is more of a lad's show but the women are just as tough as they are! I enjoy it!

I can't wait to see the rest of the series as I am caught up to Series 4.

All the Best!

American to Britain

Comments