Tramp is another word that is used differently in the UK.

In the US,  it is used as another word for a prostitute,

In the UK, it is used for someone who has no job or home and moves place to place.

I thought I would tell you this so if you hear it in public, you don't think it is as bad as it sounds.

All the Best!

American to Britain