Carboot

I love to go to carboot sales!

Its a great way to clear out the cupboards and make some money! Its like a flea market in the States and remember people will buy anything!

My tips:

  • bring change
  • bring a table
  • be ready to haggle
  • don't talk to customers until they talk to you- you will scare them off.
  • Bring something to do, I crochet or read
  • Bring something to sit on.
  • Bring sunscreen and dress for the weather.
  • bring bags doe your customers. 


It is a great place to get a great bargain as well. I bought a Topshop dress for 5 pounds and I wear it all the time and get compliments on it all the time!

There are quite a bit in the local area and they generally run March-October.
Mildenhall
Kennet
Fordham (Fordham is the best IMO but does not run as frequent as the Lazy Carboot sale but is very big!!!)

All the Best!

American to Britain