How To Make Bunting!

I made some bunting for the Cam Sailing Club's Summer Party and also because I always wanted bunting but wanted to make it myself.

I got the template from the Big Lunch website. A couple of weeks before I got some squares from Cally Co store in the centre of Cambridge. I was a bit unsure with what I had picked out and almost went with the set that they had already bundled together but the lady said mine looked great together.

From my last escapade doing curtains and pillow covers for the caravan, I was really not looking forward to working with my sewing machine. I did not know what was wrong with it and because it was American, I wasn't sure if I could take it anywhere to be fixed. It was gathering on the bottom which is a symptom of the tension not being correct. In my case, it was because the bobbin case was broken. So I ordered a new one and now it works!
So I cut out my triangles. You can use shears and make them one sided, but I cut out two so mine would be double sided. I drew a triangle with my pencil and pinned them as I went along..
Then I cut them out and then sewed them along to the long sides and turned them right side out.
Then I lined up the flags along the bias tape. You need to leave enough on both ends so that you can tie them up. I pinned the entire line. Then I sewed from one end to the other. I ended up having enough flags to make two sets of bunting.













Et Voila! C'est fini!



All the Best!

American to Britain

Comments