Bury Christmas Fayre

The Bury Christmas Fayre is an annual event that I feel really gets me in the Christmas mood. My friend and I have made it our Christmas tradition to spend the day here. It really brings you into the holiday feeling. It generally falls on the last weekend of November and the atmosphere is great.

The EACH Santa Run sometimes falls on the Sunday of the fayre.

I really enjoying going to this fayre. There were a lot of stalls with crafts and food from people all over the world. There is also entertainment and rides.  We usually have a cup of mulled wine to warm us up and had a wander. People come from all over the area to see and sell at the fayre. Sometimes I get ideas of things that I can make or pick p a few things for those special people on my list. 

Some people have expressed disappointment about this fayre as they are expecting it to be like the German markets, but this is in England and this is how they do it and it is like comparing apples to oranges in my opinion. I think its a lovely event that is right on your doorstep and a great way to get yourself in the Christmas mood.

All the Best!

American to Britain

Comments