5 Things I am looking forward to in April

Here is what you will see me up to in April:

  1. Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt- I have to admit that I prefer British chocolate over American chocolate. The National Trust has teamed up with Cadbury and are holding Easter Egg hunts at their properties for a small additional fee. Some do require booking ahead of time to get a timed entry. This threw me off because I was originally going to go to Wimpole Hall on Easter which you can just show up but Mr B has  decided he prefers Audley End which does.
  2. Easter Special at Audley End Miniature Railway- Bug likes trains and I have heard a lot of good things about this place. The admission price seems big but you get a lot for the money you pay! Also my friend works here so I get to have a catchup as well. There are some available tickets left!
  3. Cambridge Literary Festival- I used to go to this to meet authors and hear about their books. So I found a session that is Bug and Mummy friendly. Looking forward to this!
  4. Lambing time at Wimpole Hall- I love this time of year not only because the daffodils are popping up and I can buy a bunc hfrom the store for a £1 to brighten my house. But because the little lambs start arriving. One good place to see them is Wimpole Hall. You will see me going here much more now that the clocks have turned back. 
  5. St George's Day- This holiday is a bit controversial which is why not too many people celebrate it. Some British feel if they do celebrate it, they will appear to be racist. Anyway, over the years there have been more events at English Heritage and National Trust properties to celebrate the English Patron saint. The Wrest Park event is huge and has jousting but those that have been loved it! Oxburgh Hall is also having an event with crafts etc. I am not sure which one I would like to go to.

Hope you have a Happy Easter!

All the Best!

American to Britain

Comments