Woburn Safari Park

I have wanted to visit Woburn Safari Park since before Bug was even an idea. Often the price and drive put me off, so I thought it would be a great way to celebrate her birthday. It is an hour and a bit drive from my house in Cambridge.

You are able to drive through the safari as many times as you like. It took us about an hour each time. We went once when we arrived and again as we were leaving.

They also have so much for you to do onsite so definitely a whole day out. there are all sorts of talks and demonstrations throughout the day. Our favourite was the elephant talk as you got to touch them as they went by- made our day!

There is a free train, foot safari, bouncing castle and an excellent indoor play area. We fed birds nectar.

They have a restaurant or you can bring a picnic.

I think I liked that we went on a Tuesday and not during half term or during summer holidays because it was a bit more quiet. I could see this place being very busy.

We bought the all inclusive tickets but I think in hindsight I would not bother. We thought if we had the meals, saw the sea show and with the guidebook and bottle of water it would all balance out. But we missed all of the seal shows. One because we were still in the safari and the other because I hadn't read that you had to also get tickets and get in line 10 minutes before the show.

Aside of that, I am happy to pay a bit more, when I see that the animals are well cared for. I have been to zoos that I wondered if the animals had a good quality of life.

One way I think you could save money on admission is though the Tescos clubcard vouchers.

See my pictures from the day here.

All the Best!

American to Britain

Comments