How to get a letter from the King

I think I already told you I am getting a bit excited about the upcoming coronation, so much so I have a suitcase ready for it! I have a room booked for the night before and Bug is coming down with me. That way we can get there early! This idea popped into my head and I must get her to make him a card so we can get a card back!


One nice momento that you or your children could have to remember your time in the UK, is a letter from the King.

I have done this several times with the Brownies and every time we have had a letter back.

If you wish to write a letter, see the information from the Royal Family website below:

How to write to The King

You can write to His Majesty at the following address:

His Majesty The King
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA 

If you wish to write a formal letter, you can open with 'Sir' and close the letter with the form 'I have the honour to be, Sir, Your Majesty's humble and obedient servant'. 

This traditional approach is by no means obligatory. You should feel free to write in whatever style you feel comfortable.

Don't forget to include your UK address so they can send a thank you note back.

All the Best! 

American to Britain

Comments